20 Reasons to Choose a Sober House
Call 800-373-1667 Toll Free. Privacy Guaranteed. No Commitment.Help is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
According to the National Library of Medicine, a sober house can help you complete your treatment and prevent relapse. Aside from this there are many reasons why you should participate in sober living.
1. It Keeps you Away from Your Triggers
In a sober environment, you will not be exposed to your triggers. Most of the people in sober living are there to stay away from the things that cause them to use drugs or alcohol.
2. They Get You Away from an Unsafe Environment
Many people turn to drugs or alcohol when they’ve been abused in one form or another. A sober house is a safe place to be while you learn to live again.
3. Living Around Sober People will Help you Remain Sober
Being away from those who are sober makes it easier to remain sober.
4. It can Help to Prevent Relapse
Not having drugs or alcohol around you prevents relapse.
5. Group and Individual Therapy is Usually Offered
Counseling and therapy are usually a part of all sober houses.
6. Many People who are Recovering Need Time to Adapt to Living Sober
After drugs and alcohol, you will need time to adapt to being sober.
7. You can Start to Rebuild your Life
Sober living facilities give you a chance to rebuild the parts of your life that you lost with the drugs and alcohol.
8. There are Sober Group Activities
Part of being in a sober house is going out and doing things without drugs or alcohol.
9. You Meet Others that are also Living in Sobriety
In a sober house you will meet and get to know other people who wish to remain sober.
10. It Helps you Build your Support Network
You can build a support network of others who wish to be sober.
11. It can Help you Start a New Life if you Choose
If you want to change your life, a sober house is a good place to start.
12. You can Take Classes while in a Sober House
Some sober houses allow you to take classes or attend school while living there.
13. You can Participate in Sober Living Skills Training
Many sober houses offer sober living skills training.
14. It Lets you Reestablish your Relationships with your Family and Friends
You can work on repairing your relationship with your friends and family while practicing sobriety.
15. The Graduated Steps to Sober Living Helps you to Adjust to being out in the World as a Sober Person
Many sober houses have a graduated program that allows you to gradually transition into sober living.
16. It gives you a Structured Living Environment
Many ex-addicts need structure to keep from using, a sober house provides a structured environment.
17. There is a Counselor on Staff when you Need one
Normally sober houses have at least one staff member available at all times.
18. You can Continue your Outpatient Treatment
Outpatient treatment is available when you are in a sober living facility.
19. Many Sober Houses have a Variety of Healthy Living Activities
There are exercise and nutrition classes at many sober living facilities for you to take advantage of.